Resist techniques mixed media wall plaque


As part of the Xyron DT assignment this week we have partnered with the fabulous Imagine Crafts.  We had to opportunity to pick our products (thanks guys) and I opted to pick products that I have never tried before and I am absolutely in LOVE !!!.

I choose the 'Goosebumps' resist liquid in the dauber bottle ( this will be forever be in my craft stash for now on), the Kaleidacolor 'Vineyard' raised rainbow dye ink pad and the super fun Radiant Neon Amplify in Black (seriously fabulous). Of course this all came together with the aid of my Xyron Creative Station, take a look below at how I created this fun mixed media wall hanging



Supplies

Large Butterfly Stamp by Sharon Callis Crafts
Mixed Media Stencils from Faber Castell
Pretty Amazing Stamps by Stampin' Up
MDF 8" Heart 

How it's made!

I took a leaf print sheet from the stack, cut it into a 9" x 9" square and ran it through the Xyron Creative Station using the Permanent Adhesive Cartridge.  I placed it adhesive side down over the MDF shape and pressed out any air bubbles.  I turned it over and using a craft knife I trimmed away the excess paper and then i inked around the edge using the brown tone pad in the Kaleidacolor set.


I used the Goosebumps and daubed it onto the surface of my large rubber stamp and stamped on the paper surface and allowed it to dry.  Using the ink pad and some inking foam i built up layers of ink over the butterfly to reveal the resist.


I used a stencil and the goosebumps to add further resist patterns to the surface and continued inking to reveal.  I used the Neon Amplify in two ways, one as a regular ink to stamp the butterfly, leaves and sentiment and heat set to activate the 'Puff'.  Then I went back over the stamped leaves and added drops of the Neon Amplify and using the heat gun again they add amazing dimension


For the final touches I used the dotty spiral stencil and some chalk paint to add swirls  and a light dusting of Glimmer Mist.


Thanks for stopping by my blog today, you can also follow my official Facebook page.  Check out Xyron on Facebook too for amazing craft inspirations every day.


product supplied as part of the Xyron Design Team



Comments

Popular Posts